Wednesday, June 22, 2011

RAIN and my post hole diggin'

First off, it's RAINING!! We are very happy about that around here. I've been slacking on waking up at 5am but today we got up at 5:30 and had our coffee while listening to thunder and rain. It's a beautiful thing. I was a little worried I'd never see rain again... that's just how bad/dry it is here.

(Ok, I have tried several times to upload some pictures of the enormous cracks in the ground, but for some reason it's not working.)

Yesterday I was out tending to the animals and decided to work on digging some holes for our fence... People, if you have never grabbed a post hole digger and tried, you know, digging some holes it's pretty tough work. I just want you to appreciate those people in your life (maybe your ancestors, I don't know) that manually dig holes for fences instead of using a powered auger. I certainly have watched others, but until yesterday (with my son watching) I didn't know. It is demanding working. Exhausting. (Actually, I did know that just not from personal experience.) The holes were already started so I was just making them deeper. I was out there for about 40 minutes (don't roll your eyes, it was also 4 in the afternoon during the hottest part of the day) and it's not something I would look forward to doing again. It did make me feel good about myself though. There's just something about doing the work yourself, putting all your energy and sweat into it that gives you a wonderful feeling. I don't know if you get what I'm trying to say.

The rain just stopped. The kids are all awake. I have to make arrangements for a bull, do a load of laundry, eat something... the usual.

I'm glad T had to use the 4WD to get out of the driveway,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment