1. My new curling iron (I got it for Christmas and love it!)
2. Eating lunch with Rose and bringing cookies to her class for her (belated) birthday. (Her birthday is during Christmas break)
3. Getting to play volleyball again! I'm playing on our church's team and practices have been fun.
4. My hammock
5. Chicken Cordon Blue casserole- most of the kids liked it, too
6. Super dark chocolate
7. The new "limited edition" Snow Blossom body wash by Dove. I love how it smells
8. Snuggling on the couch with Sam in the mornings after everyone else is off to work and school
9. Hugs from my kids
10. My pillow. Honestly, it's one of the best gifts I've ever received.
Friday, January 13, 2017
Thursday, January 12, 2017
I got some really nice Christmas gifts this year mainly themed around running. One of my presents was a Polar running watch (it is so awesome!) that I set up Christmas night and selected the marathon training program. I would have just chosen the 5k plan, but I told Tim I have a weird/crazy dream to run a marathon one day. So... I gave myself 16 months to train. Yeah! I know most marathon programs are around 18 weeks, but I am being real with myself. I have not been running as consistently as I used to since Sam has outgrown the stroller and I have to have someone watch her so I can go run. (Yes, I could run on the treadmill, but would rather not spend an hour and 45 minutes on that thing if possible.) I started December 26th with an one hour run. Don't get any ideas that I just went out and ran without walking after doing little one mile runs once or twice a week before this. Oh no, I run and I walk, but I am doing it. I am gaining some endurance and strength and working on keeping my heart rate low. And it's good.
Friday, January 6, 2017
My wonderful family.
My new running watch and wireless earbuds I got for Christmas. They make running better.
Hot tea in my big Yeti that I sip all morning.
My puppy, Ranger. She is just the cutest and makes me happy.
Playing Barbies with Sam the past few days. It has been difficult to convince her that "Barbie" needs to go put the clothes in the dryer now, she'll be right back!
Watching The Man in High Castle with Tim.
Making apple cinnamon bread for the kids this afternoon. It's really cold today, so it will be nice to have a slice of warm bread when they get home.
My hammock. Hammock sleeping is awesome.