Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm destined for a sunshine-y day

Well hello there! I skipped out Friday, I know, I probably disappointed thousands, hundreds, alright, like maybe two people. Honestly, Friday I was pretty down in the dumps due to that wildfire. I just didn't feel like writing. The town is moving ahead. School resumed today for the district and I know it's a long way from being back to normal but it's a start.

Over the weekend we watched some football and mainly hung around the house together. Saturday D woke up not feeling well. Coughing, fever and lounging around. He's feeling a little better today but still coughing. Sunday I made a big breakfast of sausage, biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs. So good. I had to run to the grocery store and get some milk and Gatorade. (oh boring details!) I got a call from my sister and brother-in-law while there and they wanted me to meet someone so I was in a hurry to get back home. Of course the car decided to not start in the 100 degree heat with my ice cream melting in the back seat. Turns out a bolt was loose. A very nice stranger tightened it up for me and I was on my way home. Thank goodness it was nothing major! I got home, grabbed Rose and headed to my sister's house. I had a great time over there. I know I'm going to leave out lots of details about my visit but I don't feel like I can say too much about it just yet. In fact I'm not going to say anything else.

And this morning I have a grouchy/teething child on my hands right now and we're going full force potty training with a certain three year old who thinks he is above using the potty or something. I'm in for a really fun day. I'm pretty sure I can trick myself into thinking it's fun, right? Yep, it will be an exciting, pleasant, happy day. There will be unicorns and rainbows and I will notloosemymind and I will have the child potty trained in oneday! justlikethat! (I can hear your laughter, it's not helping.) I can totally do this.

Yeah, we just watched the pull ups potty training DVD... I am pretty sure the narrator lady is on her way to or from the looney bin. I have never seen anyone smile that big while talking about how easy potty training is. They are from some potty training utopia planet I've not been to or heard of. I'd like to know what kind of happy pills they are taking.

Anyhow, I better get busy around here. It is Monday after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment