Friday, November 11, 2011

Random Friday

First off, it's Veterans Day. I have many, many veterans in my life so I just want to say thank you for what you have done or are doing. I'm very appreciative. Also, the spouses and families of the veterans... y'all are so strong and you make lots of sacrifices as well; it doesn't go unnoticed.

I can't figure out which allergy/pollen is making me feel so entirely beautiful but I'm popping some generic zyrtec and sippin' hot tea. (Looks like it's possibly juniper that loves me so much.) That's all I'm going to say about that because, trust me, I could go on for a while about how I'm feeling so special today. (Notice all the sarcasm.)

It's Friday! In preparation for the weekend madness that always happens (even if we don't do anything major) I'm planning on getting a ton (literally) of laundry done, spruce up this joint (it'll make me feel better, right?), plan some kind of outing for this weekend... maybe I can get my hair trimmed???? Or we could go feed the ducks at the park; I've been saving bread heels just for that. Despite my sinus/allergy issues I'm feeling all alert and happy and ready to face the day. (two cups of coffee/cocoa and two hours after I drug myself out of bed...) Hopefully this isn't a false feeling.

Here I present photos of cute children so I can go pour another cup of coffee.



I am currently browsing through hundreds of Christmas card options (because the one I really like is only this pricey $$$$ and I need it to be more like this $). (by the way, scrolling through so many options is making my head feel even better, so I'll most likely keep with it.) It shouldn't take this much time to pick out a card, but I have ridiculous standards, which is why it's taking forever... (I've now looked at 809 different styles and picked one contender.) I know, I have a problem.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Adios (for now) amigos.

(ooh, some chicken tortilla soup sounds really good... can someone deliver that?)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Here's hoping that changes fast!

    I'm so excited to start making cold weather foods! I have the grocery list filled with soup and chili ingredients. Sounds like you've got the bug, too. Clearly a "great minds..." situation.

    ReplyDelete