Saturday, November 12, 2011

I'm the biggest baby ever

Why am I posting on a Saturday? Well, T got up around uh... I don't really know but I'm guessing around 630ish with the kids. I finally managed to fall off the bed a little after 7 and was promptly told to go back to bed. (I must be lookin' real fine today.) We were supposed to go grocery shopping this morning. It's still getting done but I'm not there. T took all three of the children grocery shopping. You guys, I prayed for him after he left because anytime you pack up all three children to do anything by yourself you need someone to pray for you. (I bet all the women at the store are going to find a way to talk to him. It's happened before.) Anyhow, I just love that man. He gave me a hug and said, "you just zone out or blog out or whatever you want." So, I watched some TV (I caught the last 10 minutes of the Pioneer Woman/Bobby Flay throw-down thanksgiving episode for the first time. I'm glad she won. Tradition is everything) and then I opened up my blog reader and decided hey, why not type something ridiculous and random on a Saturday. I am sitting here with my coffee (that was made by T) and my laptop and the TV on, still in my pajamas and loving it. (have I mentioned that I love my husband?)
stay strong, T
(click away now. I'm about to get whiny)

Why am I home? Poor, pitiful me is still strugg-a-ling with the allergy attack of fall 2011. I don't know why but it seems like it gets worse every year. Growing up I never suffered from any allergies (except mosquito bites which I sadly passed on to my offspring) so, as an adult I am suddenly and dramatically brought down by a low count of some terrible pollen. The first day I had a scratchy throat and stuffy nose. Nothing I couldn't handle. The next day (yesterday) it was a very sore throat and runny/stuffy nose and I started coughing. (ooh, isn't this the most fascinating thing ever?) Anyhow, by last night I was hacking up lungs left and right and barely talking with out trying to find a morphine button for the extreme pain in my throat (unfortunately for me there was no button, but I popped some more tylenol was able to swallow without bursting into tears). I was still a good person and made peanut butter cookies for a delicious treat for everyone putting up with my adult onset allergies that turn me into a big baby. I also made pizza for supper. It made my whole day when T walked in and exclaimed "Yes! Pizza!" (because pizza is reserved for laziness on my part)

a rainbow to make up for this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad post
Wow. This is the most boring and self tragic post in the world. And it's taken me forever to write it because I keep misspelling nearly every word and getting distracted with crappy television shows. By the way, my throat is feeling better this morning and my head is feeling okay until I stand up because it feels like it's going to pop off from pressure. My cough is not sounding so evil, however I've come to possess an unnaturally low, smokers voice.

Again, I am sorry for being such a baby about this. And for writing it and posting. As soon as I feel normal I'll regret this forever. I'm sure you've already clicked the red x in the corner. I'm not upset over that at all. This post has been just delightful. Here's to hoping I feel better soon. My family would very much appreciate it, I'm sure.
trying to catch a rainbow. me, too, honey
best and cutest children in the world
For the record, T and the kids have been so very kind to me. Hugs, and "are you feeling better Mommy?" and kisses on my forehead... I love them. I'll have to make them something really special to eat when I feel better, cause that's what mothers do, right? Cook and bake to say thank you.


  1. Hope you're feeling better soon!! Sweet family to worry about you. And, awesome rainbow pictures!

  2. I was just telling Kat she may need to see a doctor and now I'm going to tell you, too! Dad and I both had similar symptoms not too long ago and we were both put on a round of antibiotics (I was put on a round of prednisone as well). We thought it was allergies, but it was some kind of virus. Sore throats and headaches were the hallmarks. Maybe you have something similar? I waited longer than Dad to have it checked and I ended up with blisters on my throat. So, if you don't feel better fast maybe you should get checked out.
    I won't preach anymore. Promise. :)
    I'm glad you got to sleep-in and get some rest. If you need anything, let me know.
    Did you ever get your soup?

  3. Hope you feel better soon and the "stuffy nose" get quickly out..