Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Surprise parties bring out the best

Saturday was my Opa's surprise birthday party. He turned 96 this year. He's still going strong! My mom put together a party along with help from my sisters and sister in law. Lots of family and old friends came out to celebrate with him. I think it was a good surprise.
Opa playing a mean game of dominoes
Did I get any pictures of him with the cake? No, I was playing mommy and keeping my kids from sticking their fingers in the icing. And then Beard-O took the kids to the front yard and played hide and Seek. (Hilarious with such youngsters.)
Hide and Seek eventually turned into wrestling/practice tackling.
I have learned to embrace this but...
not punching, hitting or kicking. Good ol' wrestling between brothers.

Sweet cousins. One admiring a bow and one playing look out.
And that is all for now. Short and sweet. Tomorrow I'm doing something different. You'll have to wait and see what it is, but it'll be new and exciting for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment