Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm Sylish (and didn't even know!)

I was just reading up on the blogs I follow and Steph got an award for being a Stylish Blogger. Very cool. And guess what you guys? She awarded me with the Stylish Blogger Award, too!! I'm pretty much famous now. (Steph is awesome and I really recommend you go visit her blog.)


Now, the rules of accepting this award are that I have to reveal seven things that you didn't know about me. I don't know if you'll be able to handle it, honestly. (I'm doing this right away, because I'm afraid my blog was in a mix up... we all know I lack style.)

1.
When I started this blog I was super afraid/paranoid that if I used my first name that some creepy predator would find me and murder me. (Yes, I have watched too many Dateline and 20/20 stories about this.)
2.
I never made it to my due date with any of my children. D was 11 days early, Ry was 13 days early and Rose was 12 days early- all according to the doctors due date. (Neat little fact.)

3.
If we can make it happen I'd love to buy an RV (like in 18-20 years) and travel. I also think about living in a small village somewhere in Italy or Portugal... I have never researched this, which is the odd part.

4.
I detest horror movies and see no point in them at all.
5.
When Ry was in the NICU I decided that I'd like to do volunteer work at a children's hospital at some point in my life. Maybe I will try to do this when all the kids are in school. 
6.
The woman who I strive to be more like is my Oma. She was hardworking, frugal and I can't remember a time she complained about her life. She also used to curse under her breath, on occasion, in German, which I still find amusing. I barely go a day without remembering her.
7.
Last night I spotted a scorpion crawl across the floor. Not a big deal? Well it was 15 feet away, partially hidden behind a pile of clothes that were stripped from children at bath time and it was the same color as our floor. I leaped from my chair and tracked it down and then had nothing in reach to kill it with. Beard-O grabbed the closest object: D's baseball bat and promptly executed it. May this be a lesson to all scorpions that plan to invade our house- I will see you and then end you.  

I'll continue the trend and send the award to some other very deserving bloggers.

Grace @ Camp Patton
Kelly Jo @ The Dr. and The Mrs.
Jen @ Runner Mom
ML @ My 3 Little Birds
Nina @ The Adventures of ArtsyNina (I've been blog stalking... awkward...)

Go forth and visit those blogs. I'll be back later to talk apple pie.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you're so sweet! Thanks for the mention :)
    I like your "made-up" name. I also hate horror movies, they scare the crap out of me. And I've never seen a scorpion before, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! You've been caught stalking! Thanks for the shout out ;)

    So cute about your name. And love the bit about your Oma. I think of my Gram every day, too. Except she was swearing under her breath in Greek :)

    ReplyDelete