Saturday, December 31, 2011

Top 10 of 2011

Here are the most viewed posts from this year.  I've written a very brief description of each.

Dear Me- Five Years Ago,
I wrote my past self a letter from my present self. It makes me cry every time I read it, just warning you. (One of my personal favorites)

Pictures from the fire
A terrible wildfire went raging through our county. Several families we know lost their homes, my aunt and uncle, the pastor of our in-laws' church, my sister-in-law's parents and grandparents... and many more. 

I blame anyone but myself for this nonsense
One of those rambling posts.

Apple Pie
I made apple pie for the first time and posted my recipe. I hope it has helped at least one person be the star of the dessert table.

Posting 201
This is about D's 5th birthday. I mistakenly thought I had published 200 posts.

He has Amblyopia
D went to the eye doc... we got this diagnosis and he got glasses. 

Documenting the Drought
The drought in Texas is "exceptional", the worst label/level to have. (Contributed to the wildfire) Our stock tanks went dry and it looked like the middle of winter in the middle of summer. Everything was brown and dry.

My Friend the Sink
I wrote about how washing dishes by hand (since I have no dishwasher) has been somewhat therapeutic. (Also one of my favorites.)

Weekend Update
That one time I was feeling sick. My family is amazing.

Stop
I wrote it in response to a prompt and while the words felt forced, for me, the feeling is something I've been dealing with for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment