Sunday, January 1, 2012

adios 2011, hello 2012

Resolutions. I am reading a lot of them today on different blogs and if you make them, great, but I am not a big resolution maker. I tend to make changes at random times throughout the year. I don't like waiting to make a change because I'll end up putting it off and then forgetting about it.

I do have some things I've been working on and will continue in 2012. Here they are:

Around the house
  • Keep getting rid of things I don't use or need. (Simplify our life)
  • Put the laundry away (can we go for twice a week? that would be a huge improvement!)
  • Paint the kitchen, finish updating bathroom
Me
  • Make time for myself
  • Drink more water
  • Stop eating the entire bag of tortilla chips in two days without sharing
  • Be a better listener
  • Be kinder
  • Be patient
  • Have more self control
  • Be a good example of the previous 4 statements to my children
 Things I'd like to do
  • Plan and go on a vacation that is relatively inexpensive, but lots of fun (This CAN happen, right?)
  • Have date with T (at least) once a month. Even it's just a few hours on a Sunday afternoon to go for a walk and talk about winning the lottery. (Any volunteer babysitters? Sign up now!) 
  • Save $$ so we can build our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment