Tuesday, February 7, 2012

some random things from today

Not much to say as I felt like I was in a fog all day. I woke up tired and it never really went away despite popping vitamins this morning. I had planned to try to take a nap while the kids did, but never got the chance. T suggested I ride the (stationary) bike this evening and what do you know? I felt pretty good, if not totally out of shape, just in time to take a shower and wind down before bed.

In other news, I ordered some I Spy books for the boys to look at when they get bored in church and caved to the "buy one get one half off" sale on the Hunger Games books. Apparently these books are so popular they have a movie coming out based on them? I don't usually read the bestsellers while they are a big deal, but I was able to read a chapter online and it kept my attention so... you know what I did. Has anyone read them or have anything good or bad to say about them?

One more random thing. Supper tonight was "what can I make with sausage and rice?" Here you go: Make 2 cups of rice. While rice is cooking chop some onions and red and green bell peppers (about half a cup all together) and saute in butter for a few minutes. Add one can of crushed tomatoes, a can of drained red kidney beans and two links of sausage that have been diced/cubed. Season with creole seasoning OR seasoned salt, cayenne pepper, chili powder and garlic powder. Simmer for 5-10 minutes allowing flavors to develop and serve over rice. T said he really liked it, so it's hungry man approved! And it's budget friendly. Win-Win.

I'm off to bed now. Have a delightful evening everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh! I've been dying to read the Hunger Games! I might go out and get the first one...we can have a little blogger bookclub, lol.

    That recipe sounds yummy too! I'll have to add it to my book of go-tos!

    Anyway, I hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny you mention hunger games- my college roommate called me today to tell me i HAD to get myself a copy because they are awesome- I cant til I finish up with school this semester but plan on tackling it once the baby comes and I hospital bound. Let us know how it was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! Very pretty cool post! I was looking for this hunger games. :) to read. I love to taste this! Thanks.

    garlic chili pepper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased The Hunger Games for E a while back. When he was done, I read it and then Mom, Kat and Kendra. We all loved it. They have all read the other two books as well. I never got around to it.

    I did not realize the books were so popular until this movie business came up. I don't know if I'll watch the movie because they never live-up to the book or a reader's imagination. (That's personal opinion, obviously.)

    ReplyDelete