Monday, January 30, 2012

weekend review


I got the bathroom painted Friday, although my little angels were not helpful during their nap time. It was so much fun having to paint that tiny space (which was also the most challenging of all rooms) with the door shut for half of it. Oh well, I think I recovered by dinner time to make cheese enchiladas. It's all a bit fuzzy though.

Saturday we did some family shopping/browsing at Home Depot and Best Buy, because isn't that where all the cool people shop? Anyhow we ended up scoring a major deal on a bathroom vanity and my dreams came true when we (clearly I mean T) installed it Sunday afternoon. The most overheard phrase at our casa right now is, "Wow! It's so different!"

T and I went on a date and the restaurant we wanted to go to was "unexpectedly busy" so we decided to try it at a later date and headed down the street and around the corner to one of our favorite places. We talked and talked. It was great to only be interrupted for our dinner. We had chicken fried steak and it was delicious. Then we picked up the kiddos and looked at the clock which told us we were losers. It was 9:30 and we both thought it was at least 11. I do suppose a four hour long dinner would have been somewhat excessive.

Sunday we went to church. We even arrived 15 minutes early (an incredible feat for our family). We were able to meet the pastor before service and were assured that no one would mind our children and he certainly understood since he has four ranging for 4-9 years old (I think that was the age range). They were sitting with their mama on the front row. Our kids were really well behaved. The church even hands out special kid themed bulletins they can fill out and color. They had a cry room and nursery that we were lucky enough to not visit. Yea! Anyhow, we really liked it and will probably go back next weekend.

We stopped at a playground on the way home and the kids got to run off some energy and we had lunch there. After we got home the kids took naps and I chilled while T worked on the bathroom.

It was a really nice weekend. I guess I have to get back to the everyday things now. I've got really big plans and I'm sure you can guess what they are. bye for now!

2 comments:

  1. so glad things worked out at the new church! I wish they had things like that at ours... would make life a lot easier. pictures of the bathroom and your goodies from your shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an absolutely lovely weekend! And yay for the kiddos being awesome in church - that's a bonus point right there!

    You've gotta post pics of your bathroom makeover too - I wanna see! :o)

    ReplyDelete