Friday, January 6, 2012

a typical evening

This was the scene in our house last night for a good hour. Everyone was subject to being tackled, sat upon and chased. Rose wore a baseball helmet for protection (we were glad she was wearing it on multiple trips, falls and collisions) because she cannot not be involved in her brothers' shenanigans.

Unfortunately I didn't have head gear so when Rose decided to tackle-hug me and I tried to hug her back she whipped her helmeted head right into my nose. My nose is fine, but any hit to the nose brings pain and watering eyes. That was when I decided I was no longer safe sitting on the floor and resorted to running around like the rest of them and letting my hair blow in wind. Ha.

I'm having flashbacks from this picture alone.  
(tucks head between knees and curls into fetal position)

They sure did have a good time.
By 7:30 they were ready for a break for a pb&j sandwich (refueling after a big energy inducing pasta supper)
and a nice quiet bedtime story. 

I figured they would sleep in today, but no, they woke at 6:30 and have been eating and playing monster chase and eating some more. They never stop eating... or moving. At least they are keeping me in good shape since they can't exactly fix their own meals yet. I must walk a couple of miles going back and forth to the kitchen in a day. I don't even eat something every time I'm there. I'm sure that would cancel out all the walking.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. I'm excited about mine!

p.s. although I'm not sure when exactly, I will post some before and after hair pictures. I know you are all on the edge of your seats to see my transformation!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I love that you guys let the little ones be fun, crazy kiddos. They are the sweetest. D made me laugh so hard the other day when he was here. Such a character! And, of course, your little Rose is just as lovely and sweet as her name. Too bad Ry was sleepy, but we'll catch up next time! :)

    ReplyDelete