Wednesday, January 11, 2012

gardening, again


It seems like I just can't let gardening go, no matter how challenging it is for me. Last year my garden was doing great until the drought and grasshoppers started destroying it. The watering and caring to production ratio was way off so I let it all die. Here I am with this years new seed catolouges. I've never ordered from them, but I love looking through them and getting ideas and planning. You'll have to bear with me through the process because I tend to get overly excited about peppers and squash and then I crash about halfway through when the Texas heat starts burning my plants up. Then there is the pestilence problem (grasshoppers) we can't shake no matter how high we raise our garden off the ground.

Our chickens are gone and we aren't planning on getting a new flock this year. I know what the title of this blog is and it's true that I still live in the country, but there are really no farming updates or adventures to share for the time being. I'm going to try to have a small garden and we'll see how it fares. It'll be my little hobby and as soon as it starts stressing me out it's gone. There is absolutely no reason to serve up any additional stress to my life. Especially in a year that we start T-ball, kindergarten and lots of saving and planning for building our house. That will be a real adventure! I can't wait to be able to share pictures of that. Then you'll see just how crazy we are!

I hope everyone has a nice Wednesday. I'll be back at some point tomorrow with all sorts of fascinating talk about eye exams.

No comments:

Post a Comment