- Don't Nag! It's annoying to your spouse and also anyone else who happens to be near you. I think the response to nagging is automatically shutting the persons voice completely out.
- Have respect for your spouse.
- Thank your spouse, daily. Examples: thanks for working so hard for us! Thanks for changing that diaper/ waking up early with the kids/ making coffee this morning/ feeding the dog(or cat)/ driving/ filling up the gas tank/.... Showing grattitude for the little things that your spouse does makes them feel noticed and that you truly appreciate them.
- Acknowledge your differences! And then, embrace them as much as possible. It's probably one of the qualities you found attractive when you met.
- Show your affection. Hug, hold hands, give them a kiss on the cheek... let them know you still like them!
- Know when to let things go. Did the hubster load the dishwasher the "wrong" way? If the dishes are going to get clean... leave it alone and see # 1&3.
- Make compromises. see #4&6.
- Be trusting and also trustworthy.
P.S. Feel free to add your own secrets in the comments!