Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Wedding Weekend pt 2

When we arrived the groomsmen were walking over to the chapel and I got to see T in his suit. We were standing there chatting when the wedding coordinator drove over on her golf cart and order the men to get moving. So my gang of friends and I went inside... it was packed. Thankfully we found a row that wasn't taken and sat down. (This is when I had a little pep talk with myself to keep it together and not cry. I was successful.) The wedding was beautiful.
I hope they always remember to be like dough. Specifically bread dough.
When we left the chapel and went to the reception the groomsmen were lined up in front of the bride and groom (per the coordinators instructions) to prevent anyone from holding up the line trying to talk to them. We were provided with drinks and vittles to snack on while waiting a short time for the bridal party to finish pictures. I corralled some more friends and we all found a table to accommodate us. Luckily it was right next to the dance floor and near the cake. All pluses... except the drinks were on the other side of the room. But, I suppose I did get some exercise walking back and forth. We had BBQ for dinner (obviously... we're in Texas) and it was the worst kind ever. Rudy's. (If you don't know what I'm talking about... you aren't from here. Shame on you.)
Maybe I walked across the room one too many times to the drink table since many of my pictures ended up like this. The cool thing is they had rented a photo booth and had it set up so we could take some delightful photos of us in mid sentence saying, "Hurry, it's taking pictures" and "No! Wait! I'm not ready!" Goodness, we had ourselves a good time though.

T and I even danced! By accident but we kept going until we were booted off the floor. They lured us out with "all the married couples come on out" and we survived two cuts of the how long have you been married game. Over five but less than ten. Then we grabbed some cake. It was so good. I wish I had a piece right now. OH, the speeches... totally got me. I teared up during the maid of honor's speech and then even the best man's. It possibly had to do with the fact that it was their brother and sister and it made me think about my own relationship with my siblings... I'm almost positive it wasn't the drinks.
I think that about does it. They ended it with fireworks. It doesn't get much better than that. Also, Hawaii. Jealous.
I've got to go...
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment