Wednesday, July 27, 2011

8 hours

I got to sleep all night last night. After Sunday and Monday night's (and last week's) early morning parties (initiated by a very adorable 1 year old) this was almost a "Dear Rose, you are driving me crazy" post. Thankfully she decided to not wake up at 230am and fake cry until I brought her in my bed and hope that she would fall back asleep quickly so I could once again deposit her back to her bed. I've heard that being continuously slapped in the face while you are trying to sleep gets pretty irritating. And from personal experience having a small child doing cartwheels right next to you at 245am, 330am and 445am is just as pleasant. That little girl also has a severe aversion to any blankets or sheets covering her feet. So, when she rolled over on top of Daddy Monday night and he tried to hug her into being still he inadvertently put the covers over her legs. At this point I was clinging to the very edge of my side of the bed to prevent being kicked in the ribs when I hear her say, "No! Mommy, help!" And she starts crawling over to me insisting that I "Help" her. So I did. I helped her right back into her crib.
I bet that taught her. Or maybe she was just worn out because she didn't take a nap yesterday afternoon. Either way, I'm glad I didn't have a runaway circus acrobat pretending my bed was a small trampoline last night. When my alarm went off at 5am and I realized I had slept all night I totally celebrated by sleeping until 6:05am. That was over celebrating, but I am almost well rested this morning.
I hope you are doing just as well, if not better.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment