Friday, August 31, 2012

ten happy things friday

one
I'm very glad that we have a holiday Monday because we'll get a 3 day weekend for the whole family, which doesn't happen often!

two
I made a yummy crock pot recipe and got two meals out of it this week.

three
The season opener for the Texas Longhorns is tomorrow!

four
Football season means Fall is around the corner and that means I can start cooking chili again!

five
Wings in the crock pot (not right now- this weekend)

six
Family

seven
Planning our menu for next week and I am hoping this tastes as good as it sounds.

eight
Ry learned to count to 10 in German (I taught him while we waited at the bus stop). Next up is Spanish.

nine
I have been oddly consistent with Rose's potty training since D started school and (knock on wood) she is doing really well. I haven't dared take her in public without a pull up yet, except to the bus stop, but we're getting close!

ten
We stopped at the store to pick up a birthday present for TJ (my nephew) and as we're walking past the stuffed animals Rose waves and says hello to them all and then looks up at me and says, "Those are my puppies! Look! It's my kitty cats!" We turn into the next aisle with Barbies and she exclaims, "My princess!! And my princess pony! I want that for my birthday!"  (I am lucky that she will accept "for Christmas" or "birthday" instead of flipping out that she isn't taking it home right at that moment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment