Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm Here

I didn't have the Internet for four days... first world problem. We also had a round of 12 hour stomach bug-ness that hit everyone and finally ended yesterday with me. We are feeling lots better and without the Internet distracting me I managed to finish a book I've been reading since April. I don't think it's ever taken me that long to read a book. Of course, I am a little busier than I used to be. And a lot more tired.

Friday we were in between kids being sick and made it to the baseball game I mentioned. Our seats were behind home plate and the boys, D in particular, loved watching the game. Afterwards there were some impressive fireworks and it was a great way to end the evening. We managed to not spend a dime at the game by bringing the max amount of snacks/ bottled water per person we were allowed. Water was $4 a bottle at the game- same brand we had brought, too, just the next size up- and apparently magical. Concessions make the money.


The children are "napping" at the moment. (insert manic laughing from a crazy woman here) Ah... nap time used to be such a popular and accepted part of the day. The only one who participates without crying (much) is Rose. I would totally continue this little rant, but I am watching women's volleyball (usa & china) and it's making me angry and distracted. I'll just have you know that instead of yelling at the TV that I just stomped my foot on the floor because I am a verrryy mature adult. And it's nap time. No yelling. (updated: it's looking up now! we did have captain america cheering...)

Have a good Wednesday folks. And yes, we hooked the tv up so we could watch some Olympics.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great picture of Ry!
    I have such a hard time watching gymnastics if USA is sucking it up. Once you've played a sport you love it's impossible to take things in stride. So I get your volleyball frustrations and find it completely acceptable for you to stomp your feet. Did the US end up winning?

    ReplyDelete