Wednesday, August 15, 2012

First Day

Well, it happened...
D's first day of kindergarten. We woke up early this morning and took our time getting ready without rushing. D was so excited! He decided to wear his favorite color for the first day (not exactly his favorite shirt, but collars are required for chapel Wednesdays). We walked him to his room and got him settled in and gave him a hug. He was already focused on drawing a picture and learning how to use the pencil sharpener so he didn't seem to mind when we left.

Ry was very disappointed that he wasn't going to "his class" (the room he met in for vacation Bible school) and Rose didn't want to leave D at school. We had about 20 minutes until chapel started (it's open for everyone) so I buckled us all in and went and fueled the car to kill some time. We got back and it still seemed early, but I noticed other parents going inside so I prayed a quick "God, please don't let these two kids lose their minds during chapel" and headed in. I'm glad we were early. There were a lot of people at chapel today and it was a little longer than usual, but we managed to make it the entire service! I fully expected to have to exit early so I left feeling (overly) confident about next week. D walked in with his chapel buddy (they pair up the older kids with a younger one) and he smiled so big and gave us a wave when he saw us. It made my morning to see him so happy!

I didn't cry! At least I haven't cried yet. I can't wait to hear about his day. I am counting down the hours until I pick him up. 2 1/2 to go...

1 comment: