Thursday, May 12, 2011

Wind

We had a little wind Tuesday night. By a little I mean it was gusting at probably 30 miles per hour or more. Although when I checked the weather (when I started hearing the shingles blowing across the roof) it was only supposed to be between 10 and 15 miles per hour. I beg to differ. Anyhow, Wednesday morning T calls me and asks if I could "please check on the yellow house because I think the roof blew off of it." Being the most excellent wife I am I immediately ran next door and was actually happy to find the roof was still there, but the wind had blown the tin back so it looked much worse. T was also glad to hear this because now he can just hammer it back or whatever he's going to do.

Later in the day I went to tend to my chickens and here's what I saw.



Not exactly what I was expecting to see. Obviously. Those are the horses standing next to the tree on the bottom left. It was a pretty big tree and I'm glad it wasn't near the house or barn. I took D for a walk with me to take some pictures since he's 4 and is working himself out of naps while the other two were (supposedly) napping.

After they realized we didn't bring them any carrots they went on about their business and ignored us. It's always nice to see the horses though. I find it very relaxing.

On our way back to the house I noticed something a little out of place in the pasture. Can you spot it?
Yes, that's a piece of tin. I don't know where it came from and though it was behind the coop I didn't spot any missing pieces there. As I was waiting for this picture to upload I realized it's probably pretty dangerous to have a piece of tin blowing across your pasture. I think I'll go pick that up and drag it back to the house now. I will also pick up my swing that blew over and I was already inside before I thought to take a picture of it.

Before I do that here's a nice picture of my blue plumbago. All my plants survived the wind so far. (In case you were on edge worrying about them.)

With that I will bid you farewell and lots of happiness until next time,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment