Friday, May 20, 2011

It Could Be Worse

OK, because I've been sort of busy and not busy at the same time I've got a list for you. Not a "To Do" list; just a list of what went down over the last couple of days.
  • Our water line malfunctioned. We T tried to fix it, but for some reason we didn't have pipe or glue from the last time this happened. 
  • Drove into town to get needed materials. Got home and the shower broke. As in we couldn't shut it off at the faucet and water was spraying all over the place. (I was so delighted.)
  • I ran outside and turned the water off. (I was very brave.)
  • Out of all the random faucet/plumbing materials we have out here...we didn't have part to "cap" the shower line. (I don't know what I'm talking about, T will probably read this and tell me all the correct terms tonight.)
  • Thursday I didn't have running water in the house. However, the little yellow house next door has it's own water line and I filled up some water jugs over there and took a break from laundry and washing dishes. (I thought about the PBS show I watched about the women walking like 15 miles just to get water and I was very grateful for living where I do. I didn't complain.)
  • Thursday night we went back to town and got the appropriate fittings or whatever they are called. Everything worked!! We could shower! Wash dishes! and so forth. 
  • I had an Epic Fail in culinary creation. I tried to make homemade mozzarella sticks (you know, breaded and crunchy and gooey) Here's what I pulled out of the oven
 The breading was perfectly crunchy. Um, the cheese just melted through it onto the pan. 
  • I still ate the breading and peeled the cheese off the pan, rolled it up and dipped it in marinara. It would have been excellent if the ingredients would have stayed together.
  •  I need to make some banana bread.
  •  Completely unrelated to farming: I'm thinking about my hair...should I get bangs?
 I seem to have a very tiny head...as one size fits all is still too big. I'm just trying to cover up my forehead so it seems to be working.
  • I've been listening to Lyle Lovett albums on iTunes. In one minute bursts. Apparently iTunes decided to extend the preview time to 1/3 of the song instead of 30 seconds. iLike. (Please note that's an original thought. If it already exists I don't know anything about it. I'm sure no one else has thought of that.)
  • Tonight I'm making Firecracker Shrimp. I will also be preparing something non shrimpy and non spicy for the children. Probably pasta, thanks for asking.
  • I have been informed that someone has run out of undies which means I've got to catch up on the laundry. I have a sink full of dishes to avoid, too. Shh... it'll be alright. 
I hope our weekend goes without hitch. Or epic fail. I hope yours does too.
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment