Saturday, April 9, 2011

Ramblin' and Such

It's grocery shopping day here. My favorite and least favorite day of the week. I'm sure everyone can relate to that. Yea! I get to stock up on snacks and apple juice for another week and No! please don't make me go to that place. I just don't like crowds. Or standing in checkout lines. Or walking a mile through the store and then remembering something on the opposite side. This is so much fun and I haven't left my house yet! Other than that really fun trip waiting to happen we are planning a really awesome weekend. We plan on spending some time at Home Depot or Lowes, the mechanic shop and home. Home improvements this weekend and regular maintenance stuff for the cars. Home was pretty obvious; sorry if I made you think we were going on a grand vacation! It would be really nice though.
I thought you'd like to know what's on my grocery list. It's not really that interesting but this is what I get when I tell T to add what he needs to the list: Shot gun shells, 1/2" corded drill, jeans. And then there's just the regular stuff: allergy medication, milk, graham crackers, bananas... predictable. I just like looking down and seeing "shot gun shells" on my list. Tell me we aren't country now. As for the drill, he can find that himself tomorrow.

Pretend it's been about 18 hours since you read the above paragraph. It's Saturday and we have been everywhere, man. I took our Jeep in yesterday while I wandered the aisles of Wal Mart. I didn't take it to Wal Mart actually. I took it to our mechanic and they did all that routine stuff to it. It only cost me my left arm. Today we took in the car T has been driving and got new tires. That cost an arm and a leg. He also got his drill...I pretty much made him get it. He was ready to hyperventilate about getting new tires on the car but I did NOT want to hear about how worthless his old drill was and how he wished he could have a better one. We were there. We had money. We spent said money. He is happy. And that makes a happy Mama. Then we meandered over to the Best Buy and Staples to look at printers. It's been a couple years since I have had a printer of my own, so I let the store get the best of me and ran out the doors screaming about technology and robots taking over the world. I really didn't know what anything on the little description cards meant. It prints at what speed (and why does it matter?) Laser or ink jet? All in one or, well, I didn't see any that were sole printers. I did pick one at each store and then told T I would decide at home. Haven't decided. I DID however, on a much happier note, decide on a camera!!! Yes, that does require 3 exclamation points from me. When I get it sometime next week I will post some awesome pictures and tell you which camera I chose. Until then I will leave you hangin'.

Wait! Don't go, I have to tell you, my father-in-law and I are having a little pancake showdown tonight. I am making my lovely Sunday Pancakes and he is making super fruit filled (I can't compete with him) pancakes. I don't think anyone will actually be judging so it's all in fun. And who can resist pancakes? Not I.

Have a fabulous weekend,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment