Friday, April 15, 2011

Brand Spankin' New

Yes, I received my camera yesterday afternoon. I had to wait several hours before I got to use it or even take it out of the box, too. It seemed like a torture game. The reason I had to wait around to even open the box and all was because my god daughters were here visiting. So I didn't get any pictures of them but there could have been a million dollars in that box and I would have just left it there on the table while I enjoyed those cutie-pies. When they left I had to cook supper and then pulled out the camera only to realize I had to charge the battery pack first. Why did I think a rechargable battery was the way to go? (I think an extra battery is in my future.) Anyhow, around 8:30 last night I took my first pictures and I was pretty impressed right off the bat. It's got this fancy "smile dectection" and "face dtection" mode which is cool. It took a series of pics of Ry Guy in the smile mode and they turned out great. Then T had to test it out with not smiling and smiling. It would immediately detect his smile and take a picture. So much for trying to confuse it. It has a lot more modes and of course I am trying to figure it all out. I just went out and took a couple pictures of the dogs and I guess Lori is camera shy. She kept hiding when I pointed the camera her way. I got one picture of her though and it's not the best but I have to show you our "possum dog" at some point.

So, the camera is a Canon PowerShot ELPH 300 HS. It's tiny but powerful. It's got a textured coating (not that super smooth glossy finish) which I find helps with gripping the camera, especially if you ever get clammy hands. Here is the link to see it yourself. (Canon doesn't know anything about me, I just wanted to show you my cool new camera.)

Hopefully I will get several years out of this camera and thousands of pictures. I don't know what I will do with thousands of pictures but I do have a lot of bare walls!

Everyone smile!
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment