Tuesday, March 15, 2011

You Know it's Spring When...

It's Spring Break around here and it's showing. Meaning when I go to town there are an abundance of children running circles around their parents in the grocery store.All of the feed stores have their signs out promoting the baby chicks and ducklings and bunny rabbits they have inside. The seasonal section in the stores are packed with Easter eggs, cheaply made baskets, chocolate bunnies, marshmallow chicks, and a nausiating rainbow of pastel colors. Nevermind my aversion to those things though.

Spring time brings babies, right? You know, lambs, chicks, calves, foals... So how fitting that one of our sheep had a lamb Sunday afternoon. She is a proud mama to a baby boy. It looks like several of them are pregnant. We went over last night and met my sister to look at the lamb. I noticed that one of the other sheep looked like she was going to lamb in the next day or so. It's all so exciting! It did bring back some bittersweet memories from our lambs last summer, but I won't let that prevent me from looking through my baby name book again. My sister is calling him Dinner. I don't think so.

Oh Sping, I love you. Everything is turning green and things I've planted are actually growing. We had such a nice weekend. We went to Lowe's and I got lots of seeds and not a lot of actual plants. I got three tomato plants, three pepper plants and a strawberry plant. I would like three more tomato plants and maybe a few more pepper plants. I wanted to get flowers too, but I didn't get around to looking at the perinials before the kids started trying to destroy the plants I had already stuck in the cart. It was a nice lesson for me to learn, "When buying live plants do not bring your children". It still ended up being a very relaxing weekend. Big D and I planted his carrots and that was about the most "work" that happened.

On the other hand, I actually got all of the kid's clothes put away yesterday. It was no small feat either, but that's what happens when I keep doing laundry and keep not putting the clothes where they belong. Today I am working on my own clothes. I wonder if I could paint my room today. Oh, I was putting my clothes away, right. I need to clean up the front of the house too, you never know when an unexpected guest will arrive.

Sping Cleaning (not in the least),
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment