Thursday, March 29, 2012

That Store. It's sucking me in.

Ikea. I'm on a mission to get there soon. (Without the entourage of youngsters.) I really wanted to dislike this store and I kind of do. I don't like the herding through the store, the extreme difficulty of trying to leave the store (especially if you don't purchase anything), the unhelpful "shortcuts", circular maze-ness.... But I do like the products (I think, I've never actually purchased anything). The ideas they inspire. The tidiness. The simpleness. So I present you with some things I'd like to spend our hard earned money on.
source
I would make this into a bunk bed by adding a mattress underneath. I like the fact that it wouldn't be very high. I'm raising some daredevils as it is.
source
This would be D's bedding... his favorite color is red. Currently.

source

Yes, they do sell cowhide rugs. Imagine it in a contemporary, modern house with just a tiny dabble of rustic touches.

source
Kitchen inspirations...

source
Looks like that's all I have time for since the kids just found the bag with Easter stuff in it. Hopefully they won't interrogate me too much about it because, well, you try explaining "two weeks" to a three year old. It's basically like saying one trillion years. I can't begin to understand that amount of time either.

1 comment:

  1. i love ikea! i dont love that i would have to go out of state to visit one though

    ReplyDelete