Tuesday, June 4, 2013

a few random things

First
I just started the Couch-2-5-K program. My first run/walk was last night and it actually went really well. I had been thinking about starting to run for quite a while (6+ months), but seeing as how I have barely exercised at all in 6 years (since having my first baby) I was not really confident in myself. It helps a LOT to have finally voiced my desire to try to run to Tim because he has been insanely good at encouraging me and very supportive. I had no clue as to what I should eat or not eat before/after a run or workout, but I've been reading a lot (thank goodness for the Internet or I would have done a lot of no-no's yesterday). I can hardly believe I'm looking forward to Wednesday's run- as I am not in excruciating pain like I thought I would be. (Bonus: I found a 5K that I want to enter and when the kids found out about it D said he wanted to run too... You get all the ice cream you want after finishing the run!)

Second

D graduated from kindergarten and summer vacation is upon us. (It has been for a week.) It has been good so far. I really enjoy not having to be out of the door by 7:30am every morning. And the kids are finally sleeping past 6am. Well, some days. I signed the boys up for swim lessons and we are "playing school" every day. Basically we practice some math and reading, learn a couple of Spanish words each week and do one science activity on Fridays. Last Friday we learned about volcanoes and then made one- the boys loved it.

Third
 Sam is almost crawling. She'll be 6 months old on the 14th. Didn't I just bring her home from the hospital??? Time is moving way too fast for my liking. She tried avocados on Sunday as her first food and it was hilarious. Any time the spoon came close to her mouth she would get super excited and stick her thumb in her mouth. We laughed a little about that.

I know it seems like I've completely forgotten that I even have a blog, but I haven't. I've just been busy and tired. I'm hoping I can pick up the pace and blog a little more often.

4 comments:

  1. Are you allowed to share the ice cream at the end of the run?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know... you might need to run it yourself if you want ice cream!

      Delete
    2. Don't try to trick me into exercise

      Delete
  2. Just reading about your life makes me sleepy! I think you should enter a Wonder Woman contest.

    ReplyDelete