Thursday, December 13, 2012

ignore this (pregnant lady brain explosion)

I'm just sitting here at my dining room table looking at kitchen faucets, cabinet hardware and flooring. Oh, did you think I might be gazing at a newborn? I wish.

Anyhow, today is my niece's birthday and maybe this is selfish, but I don't want my baby to have to share a birthday with her cousin... so she can remain cozy until midnight. This weekend is really not that great with the timing either. Tim and D are participating in our church's Christmas play Pageant (apparently there is a big difference) on Sunday and it would mildly inconvenience some people to have to replace "Benjamin" at the last minute. Although I hope they have at least considered that this might have to happen. D is singing ONE whole song with the children's choir and let me say he is a very talented ventriloquist, but would really be missed.

I scheduled a checkup for tomorrow (even though last week my doc said there would be no need). I am not sure what to expect. Will I be asked to schedule an induction since tomorrow is my due date? How does one decide a good day for birthing? Oh, wait a second... I do that on a daily basis. Okay, today is not a good day baby, wait until tomorrow. Or, this is the perfect time little girl! I'll do some jumping jacks for good measure. The past few afternoon & evenings I've been timing contractions that eventually just stop and so now I'm very skeptical of any contractions and worry about actually knowing when I should head to the hospital when the real thing is happening. I believe this is called "prodromal labor" or false labor. In about 2 hours I'll probably start tracking some contractions only to have them disappear by 8pm. (This is so different than my other pregnancies and makes me feel a little bit crazy.)

Last night I ate almost an entire fresh pineapple by myself (I don't encourage this as my tongue was really sensitive/irritated afterwards) and made pizza with extra basil and lots of jalapenos. Nothing but some heartburn (which I knew would happen). I am not in the circle of pregnant women who take castor oil to get things started. That is gross and I'm not that desperate. I am beginning to think that this baby is just trying to be considerate and wait until the 21st to come because that's D's last day of school before winter break. I wouldn't have to worry about him getting to school or driving or anything really if she waited until then.

I know she'll come when she's ready and I actually don't mind waiting a little bit longer because all the kitchen stuff I mentioned? It would be cool if it were done before she arrived. It's just the "false" labor that is irritating. And finally being mentally ready for her and now she's just hanging out like she has all the time in the world. I bet she's just worried about her hair looking good. Honestly, I'll never be able to protect her/shelter her like I am now. She's cozy and happy (? I assume) and once she's born I'll just be fighting against the world for her to stay close to me..... And this is how we know I'm super pregnant-hormonal. I'm not a sappy person so I have to go hang the clothes up before I start bawling my eyes out. So ridiculous. Hope everyone has a cheerful day! I'm going to have a peppermint patty now.

2 comments:

  1. Aw man, I can't even imagine! Those last few days/weeks have to be a rollercoaster ride. I'm such an easily excited person that I know I'm going to be a pain in the butt when I'm in your situation, lol.
    Anyway, I can't wait for her to get here!!!

    PS - A peppermint patty sounds soooooo good right now!

    ReplyDelete