Thursday, January 12, 2017

Running

I got some really nice Christmas gifts this year mainly themed around running. One of my presents was a Polar running watch (it is so awesome!) that I set up Christmas night and selected the marathon training program. I would have just chosen the 5k plan, but I told Tim I have a weird/crazy dream to run a marathon one day. So... I gave myself 16 months to train. Yeah! I know most marathon programs are around 18 weeks, but I am being real with myself. I have not been running as consistently as I used to since Sam has outgrown the stroller and I have to have someone watch her so I can go run. (Yes, I could run on the treadmill, but would rather not spend an hour and 45 minutes on that thing if possible.) I started December 26th with an one hour run. Don't get any ideas that I just went out and ran without walking after doing little one mile runs once or twice a week before this. Oh no, I run and I walk, but I am doing it. I am gaining some endurance and strength and working on keeping my heart rate low. And it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment