Monday, May 9, 2016

Keeping Track

I'm sort of hitting the reset button on myself. I've been in a funk lately and after a few good conversations with Tim we realized we were feeling the same about a lot of things. We had just drifted away from some of our beliefs and goals and now it's time to get back to them. We made a list of goals to focus on daily and long term in 5 areas of our life. It's good to have someone hold you accountable and also encourage you to meet your goals.

Other than that today was just a regular Monday. I tried to catch up on laundry that I neglected over the weekend. I met Tim for lunch and we drove around town talking. Those are some of the best lunch dates! Sam was with us, too, but she fell asleep and thankfully took a good nap after we got home. I picked up the kids from school and D had a lot of homework to get done. I helped him with some math and writing while Ry helped Rose with her readers.

D's teacher sent out an email that a lot of the class had not turned in work or half way did it. She also said some of them were not being kind to each other. I emailed her back letting her know we understood and a little while later she sent back the nicest email! She said she wanted us to know that D was not one of the kids she was having a problem with and that he was "the one boy that gets along with everyone diplomatically", "a joy to have in my class" and "a fine young boy". I am so proud of him for that. (We're still working on turning everything in on time and not misplacing homework though!)

Now it's time to go to bed. I should write more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment